3-D Mapping and Analysis Services … Below the Turf
Welcome to the virtual home of Below the Turf, LLC. This site shows how we bring the virtual underground into view and what this information can do for you.
Working with golf course superintendents and grounds managers over the years, we’ve seen and heard several recurring themes. Some might be familiar to you:
- The same greens resodded three times in the last five years
- Fans in continuous use to keep greens playable
- Recurring bouts of black mold on emerald green bermuda
- Areas on or around the green that aren’t draining fast enough
- Futile poking around to find ‘that darn clean out’ that’s supposed to be there
- ‘As builts’ that aren’t … or no ‘as builts’ at all
- “I wish I could show the Board how much the drainage system has deteriorated”
- “The former superintendent said this was fixed, but … “
- Realization that the complete history on decades of fixes will walk away when old Joe retires
If you’re facing any of these situations, Below the TurfSM is the right next step toward a solution. We conduct subsurface surveys to map critical areas on golf courses and athletic fields using Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR). When the GPR survey data is processed, the result is a unique and detailed 3-D picture of all the underground features and conditions. You’ll have a mole’s-eye view of pipes, drainage systems, saturation levels, soil/mix layers and variances, voids, sinkholes and other subsurface anomalies.
Our mapping and analysis services give you the real data you need to determine the highest priorities and the most cost-effective corrective action. No other survey technology can provide the level of detail and accuracy – all the benefits of actually digging up the answers … without a shovel.
Below the Turf is a registered trade name with the State of New Hampshire and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.